Do you harbor a little concern about germs, bacteria lurking in your couches or car seats from people sitting on your upholstery, sweating, leaving dirt and food crumbs? You are not alone, that paranoia comes from knowing that we don’t clean our upholstery daily.
Using effortless technology like upholstery steam cleaners can ease our minds. The best way to get your upholstery clean is through a steam cleaner — no more second-guessing, doubts, confusion, and worst of all, “paranoia” about cleaning your upholstery.
This article will review the best upholstery steam cleaners as mentioned:
- Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
- Steamfast SF-370WH
- McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner
- Wagner Spraytech Multipurpose Steam Cleaner
- LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional Steam Mop
How does An Upholstery Steam Cleaner work?
A steam cleaner uses vapor to steam clean that’s why it is also known as a vapor steam cleaner. This vapor disinfects and sanitizes removing most buildup stains. The steamers work on sealed floors grout, tile, and spot cleaning of softer materials, like carpets and upholstery. The upholstery steam cleaners produce scorching temperatures to eliminate, mold, fungus, bacteria as well as other allergens.
In a steam cleaner’s reactor, water is heated, which then transforms the liquid into vapor, which exits through the machine’s nozzle. The steamer loosens the upholstery dirt, so it’s cleaned easily. The steam cleaner cleans or vacuums soft fibers as well as hard surfaces. You can also use detergents or cleaning solutions to clean together with a steam cleaner as many steam cleaners can work with them.
How to Steam Clean Upholstery
- Firstly load the heater with water and remove the lid to ensure that it is in a firm position. Connect the hose with the steam cartridge. Activate the safety lock on the steam gun, so that steam will not release accidentally.
- Vacuum your upholstery, so you remove all the dust, dirt and allergens of your couch’s fabric. When wet, they can make your furniture dirtier.
- Clip-in a thick folded microfiber cloth to form a cleaning pad on the steam cleaner tool. Deactivate the steam trigger’s safety switch, releasing steam into a basin for surplus water to dry off until there’s a dry vapor. Attach the steam gun’s cleaning tool.
- Choose the steam pressure specified by the manufacturer of your unit for upholstery. Gently wipe after releasing the steam with the cleaning tool attached with microfiber on an inconspicuous area of the cushion.
- During the cleaning process, remove the microfiber cloth that’s clipped to the cleaning handle. The steam’s pressure and heat will loosen dirt, which the fabric then absorbs. Change when full.
- When it’s dry, vacuum the sofa again. It eliminates any dirt that is loosened and not collected by the microfiber cloth from the steam cleaner.
Benefits of using The Upholstery steam cleaner
an alternative eco-friendly method that is safe.
It is environmentally friendly as it mostly uses water and fewer chemicals, making it safe for your family and friends.
Gives a clean new look
This versatile cleaning appliance removes built dirt from its high temperatures. It also naturally sanitizes, exceeding traditional cleaning methods that rely on sponges and solvents.
Kills molds, viruses, and germs.
It cleans infectious pathogens that cannot be seen by the naked eye. By destroying even the toughest pathogens like Salmonella and E. Coli with clusters of hot vapor protecting your home surfaces.
Steam cleaning helps remove microscopic airborne allergens and waste matters that are prolific as allergy triggers.
Eliminates pet odors.
Not only can steam aid in removing unpleasant bad smells from pets in your household, but it also can help to keep your pets healthy and happy by eliminating fleas, their nests, eggs, and even larvae.
How to choose a steam cleaner
The choice of steam cleaner depends on the kind of cleaning job. If you’re looking to clean minor stains on upholstery, windows, and carpets, they can go for a handheld steam cleaner. Canister and Vapor steam cleaners are ideal for cleaning large scale housing. If you’re looking for a steam cleaner to clean the floor, a steam mop is a great option.
The steam cleaners that are more affordable for everyday home cleaners are handheld steam cleaners and steam mops. The very pricey models are useful in other ways and will most likely last longer, thus having a longer life span.
Size and Weight
You have to consider whether or not you are willing to push and carry around a heavy steamer around your house. Another essential thing to remember is that you’re going to add water, which will add more weight to your steamer. You also want to consider the size of your cleaner so you can make sure you can store it.
Ease of Use
Often it will be easier to handle steam cleaners of lighter models than heavier ones. However, the more prominent forms of steam cleaners could provide a more in-depth and broader clean. It’s a dilemma that someone buying a steam cleaner needs to tackle. Smaller models are more comfortable to maneuver.
Steam cleaners make less noise than vacuum cleaners, which makes them more preferable. When shopping for a quieter steam cleaner, then you have to look for models advertised as soft steam cleaners.
Best Upholstery Steam Cleaner Reviews
The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is a highly recommended machine for steam cleaning as it has a unique modern design. The retractable handle allows you to push your steam cleaner but store it as well, making it the perfect size for home storage. You can deep steam clean your home with this powerful professional steamer that can heat water to 135 degrees in temperature using its superheated steam. The water capacity of the tank is broad, allowing you 50 minutes of cleaning time in one round of one water fill up.
You can be guaranteed efficiency and reliability while deep cleaning. It does it all; you can reach those tight spaces as it has a steam horse cord up to 2m. Enjoy witnessing perfect results with the steamers cleaning performance as it easily removes stains, grease, and dirt while killing pathogens, germs, and bacteria on all types of upholstery. Clean your home with this multi-purpose cleaner from your kitchen appliances, furniture, floors, car interiors, and so much more.
- Multi-purpose steam cleaner
- Does not make noise whilst operating
- Instruct-able and easy to put together
- Powerful Performance in deep cleaning grimy stubborn oily gook
- After prolonged use, the nozzle and hose gets hot
- Appears to drip now and then a little
Steamfast steam cleaner is the perfect multipurpose cleaner with 15 attachment accessories to connect with the steamer, to complete different tasks. Offering you 45mins mins of cleaning in one water fill up which can be heated up to 200 degrees to form hot steam. It comes with two safe microfibre pads to use on different floor types such as laminate, tiles, and wood without scratching or damaging the surfaces. Enjoy cleaning your home naturally with water and no chemicals using an on-demand steam control that unleashes steam at the press of a button. You can heat the water quickly and continuously clean, providing steam for up to 45minutes. When done, store up the wrapped cord on the steam cleaner machine.
- Time saver
- Lightweight making it easy to move while cleaning around the home
- Have a power switch after turning it on, making it easy to clean without holding the power button
- Come with a long cord that allows it to maneuver to further places in the home
- Only suitable for light-duty work.
- Some of the parts stop working after short use.
The Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner McCulloch MC1275 is an industrial cleaner that uses water to naturally and effectively clean tough jobs using its large tank for 45 mins straight in one water fill. This powerful machine is suitable to clean throughout the home and professional work environment.
Sanitize your surfaces using this robust, heavy-duty steam cleaner with access to 18 accessories. Together with the jet nozzle that has a powerful steam focus, release all grime and dirt off your upholstery. The floor mop that comes with this steamer makes this steamer a bargain; you can clean your sealed surfaces on floors using the detachable mop. For additional scrubbing power, it has scrub pads that are perfect for larger surface areas.
You can lock the steam switch so that you can clean continuously without pressing the switch. The cleaner lets you know when ready to use through its steam red light and enables you to gain control of the steam amount that can come out of the unit through its steam-control switch.
- The cleaner has a storage compartment that fits all its accessories
- High volume of steam
- Multi-purpose cleaner and sterilizer that cleans numerous places from walls to furniture and concrete floors.
- Large water tank
- Overheat steamer may damage the cleaning surface
- The steamer does not stay hot for long
The Wagner Multipurpose Steam Cleaner is a household cleaner that has LED lights to help you track your water temperature. You can move around the house using the wheels and can also carry it with the attached handle. Have more than one task? Connect either the jet nozzle, wallpaper steam plate, extension tubes, and window and tile squeegees with the steamers eight-foot steam hose and clean away.
This steamer is perfect for wallpaper removal and can quickly steam applications such as floors, kitchen appliances, bathrooms, tiles, mirrors, and grills. It cleans away the dirt and grime naturally with no chemicals. Besides, you can easily change the attachments of the cleaner to clean different things. It has a switch that can help you operate the steam release intermittently or continuously.
- lightweight and easy to store
- Easily clean off mud and other outdoor furniture
- Nontoxic and no residue will leave
- It can use it as a steam mop and handheld steam cleaner.
- long and pliable hose
- Not suitable for cleaning grout, corner floor tiles, shower tiles, and tub rings
The light and easy multi-functional steam mop is high tech, environmentally friendly steamer. It has steam settings that will allow you to choose your steam temperature from high, medium to low. The machine can heat up to 110 degrees Celsius, perfect for killing germs and bacteria. It releases steam while in motion through its smart switch. It’s also managed through its touch sensor. This steam mop is unique as it is detachable, allowing you to turn it into a handheld steamer to remove the wrinkles of your garments.
Go ahead and safely clean all the different surface floor materials such as ceramic, marble, stone, tile, vinyl, grout, sealed wood, and laminate floors using the interchangeable attachments. If you have pets or babies in the home, this is the best steam cleaner for you; it’s non-toxic and safe. Tackle all the sticky, tough messes and grout with the jet nozzle.
- Can clean any surfaces without damage them
- Sturdy and lightweight
- Leaves no residue and cleans the floor dry
- Automatically switch mop on and off by sitting mop upwards and switching on by pulling the handle on mop down.
- Inconsistent steam release
- Harder to push on hardwood floors
The winner for the best upholstery steam cleaner from the aforementioned great steam cleaners will have to be the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner.
Our choice for the best upholstery steam cleaner arose from its unique modern look that is eye-catching and convenient. With limited cons than other steam cleaners, the Dupray neat steam cleaner is worth the price and can see any home users use their steam cleaner for an extended period.
We see this as an efficient and reliable multi-purpose cleaner that cleans longer than most steamers at 50 minutes more. You will enjoy enjoying cleaning without noise while cleaning your upholstery. This steam cleaner is easy to use and could be used daily for all your household chores, helping you put all your worries at ease using little labor.