The cooktop is made of a glass plate and uses the touch button control. As there is the only area under the pot or pan will get hot, so most of the spillovers won’t easily get burnt on the cooktop surface. Those designs and features make the induction cooktop much easier to clean or maintain cleanliness.
As the induction cooktop has a glass plate surface, so it is susceptible to scratches and abrasions. There are things you still need to know when cleaning an induction cooktop.
In this article, there is some cleaning guide you can follow, and the following induction cooktop cleaners will be reviewed.
- Cerama Bryte Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner
- Weiman Cooktop Cleaner Kit
- Affresh W11042470 Cleaning Kit
- Bar Keepers Friend Multipurpose Cooktop Cleaner
- Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish
Induction Cooktop Cleaning Guide
An induction cooktop can last for years if you use the correct method to take care of it. Follow the guidelines below, it explains everything you need to know.
Most of the time, we clean up the spills on the glass after cooking. However, any boilover, melted marshmallows, and hot sugary, you need to clean them as soon as possible. If left that type of spills to cool on the glass, it becomes difficult to remove or even forever damage the glass surface. You can use a palette knife or razor blade scraper suitable for ceramic glass cooktops to remove those spills. You also can wipe up the soiling or spill up with a dishcloth or paper towel.
Switch the power off before cleaning
If the spill is on the cooking zone, It is advisable always to power off the induction cooktop before the cleaning. If you forgot to do so, your metallic wristwatch or accessory might cause the induction cooktop to heat up and burn your wrist. Remember to remove any pots or pans that are lying around, as they can still be hot and liable to cause injury to you or people around. You need to wait a while after powering off, the cooking zone stops heating, but it may still be hot. You can start to clean while the glass is warm but not hot.
Only Use Cooktop Cleaner
You should only use the cooktop cleaner and soft cloth to clean your cooktop. There are a lot of induction cooktop cleaner products that are available on the market and usually are in the form of a cream. Apply the cleaner directly onto the surface, then wipe over the entire surface with a soft cloth or paper towel. Avoid using the steel wool or anything else abrasive that could scratch the glass. There is not necessary to rinse the cooktop after this, but you need to clean off any lingering cleaning residue. The leave over cleaning residue on the cooktop surface can cause permanent damage and ruin its appearance.
Remove Burned-On Residue
You can easily remove the burned residue by applying a few drops of the induction cooktop cleaner. Using a cleaning pad like soft cloth or paper towel rub the residue away, repeat the steps until the cooktop is clean. For heavy burned-on residue, use a cooktop scraper at around a 40-degree angle towards the surface of your cooktop, scrape the residue. After scraping, apply the cooktop cleaner on the burned residue, then use a soft cleaning pad to remove any stubborn residues.
Induction Cooktop Care Tips
Knowing how to clean the induction cooktop is not enough to ensure your cooktop can last for many years, there is also some care you need to do.
Protecting The Surface
- Clean the cooktop with a dry cloth or paper towel after each use.
- Clean immediately if a spill occurs while you are cooking, wipe the spill with a soft cloth.
- Never use any abrasive cleaning powders or scouring pads, as they will scratch the cooktop.
- Only use cleaners that are recommended for use on an induction cooktop surface, never use a chemical liquid like chlorine bleach and ammonia.
- The touch control area also needs to be cleaned and dry as the touch control may not work while there is liquid on them.
- Minimize using glass cookware as it may scratch the cooktop surface.
- Handle the metal pans correctly and do not slide across the cooktop.
- Always maintain the cleanliness of the cooktop surface and the bottom of the pans.
- Always wipe off the spillover, as cooking on a soiled surface can cause permanent stains.
- Always use the appropriate cookware and never direct heating the food on the cooktop.
- Never let any cookware boil dry as this will cause damage to the cooktop and the cookware.
- Do not use the cooktop surface for other usages like a cutting board.
Factors To Consider When Buy The Induction Cooktop Cleaner
The benefits of using an induction cooktop cleaner are making the cleaning process easy, fast, and protecting your cooktop surface. Before you buy the best induction cooktop cleaner, there are few comprehensive facts you need to consider.
Easy to use
Some cleaners are in the form of cream, while some are in liquid; the application method is entirely different than the others. The best option for you will depend on how comfortable you are using it. You may also look at the recommended application time, as some cleaner may need to apply a few layers for the best results.
Ingredients And Formulation
The cleaner should be designed for induction cooktops, which does not contain the cleaning agents like chlorine-based bleaching agents or ammonia. Besides, it should be formulated with PH neutral so it won’t destroy the cooktop surface and metal part. Pay attention to the ingredient; the cleaner should be safe to use, without any harsh or flammable chemicals. It will help to prevent your hand from suffering any skin allergies.
You should always use a soft cloth or paper towel to clean the cooktop. While removing the burned-on residue or tough stains, choose the scraper designed to be used on the induction cooktop surface. A razor scraper is the best option you can use compared to the knife or any other sharp tools. Using a razor scraper is beneficial to eradicate debris, but don’t use those abrasive or metal scouring pads or stiff brushes.
Best Induction Cooktop Cleaner Reviews
Below is a list of the best induction cooktop cleaners in the market. A brief synopsis, along with pros, cons are provided.
If you wish to get a reliable and efficient cleaner, Cerama Bryte cleaner can give you the best value of your money. This cleaner aimed at cleaning the touch stains and recommended for use on most cooktop.
This cleaner is safe to use on the cooktop and does not contain phosphates. This cleaner is in cream form, which is easy to apply. You only need one application to get your cooktop clean and shine.
To use it, you need to squirt a little of it, then use the non-absorbing thin yellow pad to spread it. Then wait for the cleaner to dry out like chalk. Remove the cleaner, using either a paper towel or a kitchen towel. If you find any non-shiny parts, you can scrape it as it’s probably some burnt food remnants that you can quickly see when scraping off brown or black charred food.
- Only need a one-time application, save time and cost
- Does not contain any harmful chemicals cleaning agent
- Made explicitly for the cooktop, removes all the burnt-on food
- Leave the lemon scent after cleaning
- The cream solution is easy to apply
- Need to apply bigger pressure and extra cleaner on the tough spots
The Weiman cooktop cleaner is specially formulated to provide users a gentle, yet effective formula that safely cleans up the cooktop and achieve the perfect results your home deserves.
The ingredient of this cleaner is non-toxic and non-abrasive formula, it not only cleans the surface but also protects all the surface without scratching or damaging. It is safe to use regularly on any smooth top range, which is not only on the induction cooktop, but also on the electric flat top grill, halogen glass and induction grill.
One thing I like about this cleaner is that it is able to remove grease, grime, dirt and fingerprints while also made to easily cut through the toughest burned-on food and baked stains. This cleaner comes with a razer blade which will save your time to clean up the stubborn stains. For those who look for daily use cleaner, this is one of the good options.
- Comes with non-abrasive cooktop pads help ]remove heavily burned foods easily.
- Micro-bead technology gives scrubbing power and leaves a brilliant shine without scratching
- Safe to use and leave a streak-free shine after cleaning
- Multi-purpose cleaner, clean all major glass or ceramic cooktops
- The razor doesn’t come with instructions, you need to take out the blade, flip it, and put it back in the correct way
Affresh cleaning kit consists of the non-abrasive cleaner and non-abrasive cleaning pads that are safe for all glass and ceramic cooktops. This cleanser is not only able to clean the harsh cooked-on residues on your cooktop but at the same time, it also polishes the surface.
You do not need to look for other cleaning tools, as this kit comes with a cleaner, cleaning pads, and scraper. The scraper is a non-abrasive type; it will not scratch your cooktop.
Before applying the cleaner, make sure the cooktop surface is cold. Use the scraper to remove the tough burnt residue. Next, apply the cleanser directly onto the cooktop, remember to shake the cleaner well first. Use the cleaning pad to remove the residue. Last, finishing up by buffing with a soft, dry cloth. You can use it once a month or when needed.
Furthermore, this cleaner is recommended by leading cooktop manufacturers such as Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and Maytag. If you prefer a cleaner product which has a proven result, then this is the right choice for you.
- Complete cleaning kit set
- Able to clean and remove tough burnt stains
- Clean and polish the cooktop surface
- Recommended by cooktop manufacturers
- Safe to use and won’t scratch the surfaces of your cooktop
- You need to spend sometimes to let the cleaner dry before buffing it
- Does not work on other surfaces like stainless steel
We always want a cleaner with safe ingredients and formulation to be used in the kitchen area. This cleaner is one of the products that meet the level. It contains no harsh chemicals or phosphates. The active ingredient is citric acid, which is natural and organic. This cleaner is safe to use on most surfaces in the kitchen, like stainless steel, aluminum, glass, ceramic, and more.
Although it is like a multi-purpose cleaner, this does not affect its cleaning performance on the cooktop. It can clean the stubborn grease and grime and restores shine. Besides, for those who live in hard water supply areas, it can remove the soap scum and mineral deposits efficiently.
To clean the cooktop, you apply the cleaner on the surface evenly. Then use a cleaning pad to scrub up any burnt residue. Next, rinse with water and wipe it up until the soap is gone. Finish up by buffing it with a dry cloth until the surface shines.
- Safe ingredients
- Can tackle hard water spots
- Suitable to use on multiple surface
- Can use it to clean gas stove as well
- You need to rinse with water after cleaning
Although this Weiman stainless steel cleaner is mainly for cleaning stainless steel, you can use it to clean the induction cooktop as well. This cleaner is not only to polish the cleaning surface to protect and resists fingerprints, watermarks, and grease; while also repelling dust and dirt to keep your cleaning surfaces clean and shiny.
Besides, it has a pH neutral formula and phosphate-free cleaner. You can apply it safely in your kitchen area. It is suitable for use on stainless steel refrigerator, microwave, oven, stove, grill, sink, and range-hood.
To use it, you spray directly on to the surface and then wipe with a soft cloth. After that, buff with a dry cloth.
- Powerful cleaning, removing dirt and grime
- Leaves behind minimal residue
- Clean and protect the surface
- Resists watermarks and fingerprints
- Very easy to use
- Most people use for stainless-steel surface
Budget-minded folks may want to cut corners on the induction cooktop cleaner by using a more affordable brand or using soapy water. Still, if you wish to clean and maintain the shining surface of your cooktop, you need to use the dedicated cleaner for it.
My personal favorite from this list is Cerama Bryte Cooktop Cleaner. Like its competitors, this cleaner is perfect for removing all the burnt-on food on the induction cooktop. However, it beats the rest out because it is easy to apply, only requiring a one-time application. Also, it is a recommended cleaner to use on most cooktop.