The benefits of carpeting your floors is that it provides a cushioned space for kids to play without the risk of falling on a hard floor. There are two main categories of carpet cleaner machines; upright and portable spot cleaner. Uprights are better suited for large areas and whole rooms, while portable spot cleaners specialize in stairs, area rugs, upholstery, auto interiors, and more.
In this article, we’re going to review the following portable carpet cleaner:
- Bissell 3624 Portable Carpet Cleaner
- Hoover Spotless Portable Carpet Cleaner
- Bissell Pet Stain Eraser 2003T Carpet Cleaner
- Bissell ProHeat Carpet Cleaner
- Bissell SpotBot Spot and Stain Cleaner
Why You Need Portable Carpet Cleaner?
There are a few important reasons to use a portable carpet cleaner:
- Carpets very easy to attract dust, pet dander, and many other dirt fragments. Using vacuum alone to clean the carpets will not remove all that dirt.
- Dirty carpets and upholstery are a breeding ground for all types of dangerous bacteria, pathogens, microbes, bugs and mites that affect you and your family health.
- Well maintained carpet will last longer and will save you money in the long-run.
Best Way To Clean Carpet
There are many methods to clean carpet, typically those cleaning methods can be placed in one of two categories: wet cleaning and dry cleaning. For wet cleaning, you need to use hot water for extraction and then cleaning with an absorbent pad. Dry cleaning involves the use of chemical powders or foams applied by machines with counter-rotating brushes.
The good thing about wet cleaning can clean the carpet deeply; the bad is it needs relatively long drying time. The good thing about dry cleaning is straightforward methods, and no training is required. However, dry cleaning is unable to clean deep down into the carpet, especially when you spilled odorous liquids on it.
You can clean the carpet by yourself or hire a professional cleaning company. Hiring professional cleaners is the most effective and easy way to clean your carpet. They have powerful and professional equipment and cleaning solutions to ensure your carpet is clean. However, the cost of hiring a professional is high. If you decide to clean it by yourself, then you should consider using the best portable carpet cleaner.
Advantage Of Using Portable Carpet Cleaner
Portable carpet cleaners can clean your carpet more effectively than a vacuum. In terms of reliability, affordability, and convenience, portable carpet cleaners are the way to go. Here are some of the few benefits.
- Deep clean — Portable carpet cleaners use hot water and chemicals to clean your carpet.
- Cost-saving — You can save a lot of money by using it instead of hiring a professional carpet cleaning company to do the job for you.
- Compact and handheld design — Their small size not only makes them portable but also easy to store. This is an ideal cleaning tool for people with limited storage space in the house, or those only have a small cleaning area.
- Quick and Spot-on Cleaning — You can grab the portable carpet cleaner to clean a spot stain in a small area or a large, a quick lounge clean up or a thorough pet hair cleanup of the couch.
- Portable — The lightweight design of the carpet cleaner makes it more portability. You are more comfortable to carry it around the house and clean the hard-to-reach areas like the stairs, the upholsteries, indoors as well as outdoors.
- Accessible to Use — Portable carpet cleaners are very user-friendly, kids, and the elderly can operate the machine without any complication. It makes the cleaning process a breeze.
- Protect Your Carpet — Carpet cleaner able to remove the stain and dirt on the carpet surface without damaging it. However, If you clean or scrub it with a brush with some chemical solution, it will quickly damage your carpet.
- Manufacturer preferred — Portable carpet cleaning is strongly recommended by carpet manufacturers because it is safer than other cleaning methods.
How To Choose The Best Portable Carpet Cleaner
A carpet cleaner may appear to be a significant investment at initial; however, the benefits of using it still worth considering. When you consider buying a portable carpet cleaner, then you need to check all of the features that a particular model has and weigh those features against your own needs. If you factor in the following features, then you will most certainly find the best portable carpet cleaner that fits your needs.
The very first feature to consider is the motor power of the carpet cleaner. If you want to clean a large carpet or have a larger area to clean, you should consider buying the model that has the higher Amps motor. A powerful engine helps with both drying and cleaning power so that you will see results from the beginning till the end. However, the higher Amps the motor is, the bigger and heavier the carpet cleaner will be.
Tanks Design And Size
The standard carpet cleaner comes with two water tanks. One is filling the clean water for cleaning the carpets; another one is to keep the dirty water when removing the dirt and stains. Some models are coming with two water tanks, you can take out either the clean water tank or dirty water tank separately. Some may have only one tank with separate compartments; the fresh and dirty water is kept within two different bladder bags. The tank size you need depending on your cleaning area. Just take a note that the larger the tank size, the heavier the carpet cleaner will be.
The carpet cleaner uses the power brushes to work alongside warm water to clean up the stains and ground-in dirt when you move the unit forward and backward. Without using good and quality power brushes, the dirt and stains are difficult to remove from carpet. Power brushes are not always a necessary tool for a carpet cleaner. Still, it is always a useful tool for removing the stubborn messes and make your cleaning tasks more relaxed.
Ease Of Use
Portable carpet cleaners are having a lot of designs that make your cleaning work more relaxed, comfortable, and hassle-free. The various design makes the portable carpet cleaners come in all sizes and different weights. Uprights are better suited for large areas; portable spot cleaners specialize in stairs, area rugs, while the handheld design allows you to grab and clean. List down all your personal preferences before you go to the shop. Test the carpet cleaner to feel its size and weight, make sure you feel comfortable to maneuver it around.
Hose And Power Cord Length
It is better to have a longer hose and power cord for a more heavy model; at least you able to reach the dirt that needs to clean up. Long hose helps you clean spots and stains in hard to reach areas, including stairs, upholstery, and area rugs. Long power cord saves your time to look for sockets when cleaning as there may be some cleaning area far from an electrical outlet. However, if you prefer a lighter, compact carpet spot cleaner machine, then you will not need a long cleaning reach.
Some models have a steam-powered cleaning function. With this new invention, the carpet cleaners really do a pretty good job compared to those regular models. Those steam-powered models can be used on a variety of different surfaces. However, steam-powered models also tend to have more accessories than regular models, the price of them even higher.
Best Portable Carpet Cleaner Reviews
Below is a list of the best portable carpet cleaner on the market. A brief synopsis, along with pros, cons are provided.
This carpet cleaner uses powerful suction to remove tough spots, stains, and stubborn dirt from the carpet, stairs, upholstery, and more. It can clean tough stains like wine, tea, coffee, urine, paw prints, mud, blood, and vomit. Furthermore, it has a large-capacity tank so you can go farther between refills. With its 5-foot-long hose and 22-foot power cord, it will let you clean hard-to-reach areas. It is equipped with Professional-Grade Formula to give the carpet a deep-down clean.
- Extra reach with a long hose and long power cord
- Save time as no need frequently refills with large capacity tank
- With two years warranty
- Great suction power
- Compact and easy to store
- Ideal for cleaning stairs, larger furniture, and other hard-to-reach surfaces.
- Quite easy to hit the trigger on the brush heads that spray soapy water while vacuuming
Hoover carpet cleaner has self-cleaning technology that flushes the hose clean after each use to help prevent odors and bacteria growth. It is easy to carry around with its lightweight and portable design. With its dual tanks technology, it will keep clean and dirty water separate for a more efficient clean. The cleaner can reach farther with the 5ft hose that lets you tackle those hard to remove stains in your carpet, upholstery, stairs, and more. It has a multi-purpose antimicrobial tool, which is excellent for eliminating spot and stain.
- Powerful suction on wet or dry carpet
- Low noise level
- Longer hose for farther reach
- Dual Tank Technology
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Save time with the self-cleaning feature
- Have to handle the hose with care to avoid kink
- Air drying the cleaner unit might take some time
This cordless handheld carpet cleaner can remove pet stains anywhere. It is easy to clean carpet, upholstery, stairs, area rugs, auto interiors, and more. Moreover, it is very lightweight, which is less than 5 lbs. It is also easy to remove the suction nozzle for easy cleaning and maintenance. You can use this one machine to spray, scrub, and suction up spots and spills without having to deal with the mess. It also includes a trial of professional carpet cleaner liquid. This cleaner liquid can instantly and permanently remove stains and messes from carpet and upholstery, which is ready to use and requires no mixing with water.
- Cordless and lightweight
- Get charged very fast
- Easy to clean
- Cannot use for dry vacuum
- This device is not suitable for deep cleaning
This cleaner machine is lightweight design and low profile foot to make it easy to use and maneuver around furniture. It comes with a 2-in-1 pet tool that works in both dry and wet mode to remove pet hair, stains, and odors. It has an express cleaning mode that can dry the carpet in about 30 minutes. The dual dirt lifter power brushes combined with heatwave technology, can work together to remove embedded dirt and stains from your carpet.
- Good suction power
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Comes with professional carpet cleaner solution
- Removable brush roll cover gives easy access to efficiently clean and maintains your deep cleaner
- 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Tool
- The engine gets a bit hot after use longer time
- There is no provision for storing the hose on the machine
This Bissell hands-free portable carpet cleaner will do all the scrubbing for you, and you can get rid of messes without getting your hands dirty. Just push the button to clean, and the preset cleaning cycles will automatically spray, brush, and suction to permanently remove both surface and tough set-in pet stains. It is equipped with two hands-free cleaning modes, quick clean for fresh stains, and deep clean for set-in stains so that you can get the right level of cleaning. Moreover, it is also equipped with an on-board hose and tool to clean stains on hard-to-clean soft surfaces.
- Good for deep cleaning
- Easy to set up and very portable
- Hands-free carpet cleaner
- Compact design that’s easy to carry and conveniently store for quick use.
- Onboard hose and tool to clean stains on hard-to-clean soft surfaces.
- The brush head attachment is difficult to remove to clean out the dirt
Keeping your carpet floor at home clean is very important to feel good and cozy. The portable carpet cleaner is a fantastic cleaning tool to clean your carpet. Choosing the right one can help you more relaxed when doing a cleaning job.
My personal favorite from this list is Bissell 3624 Portable Carpet Cleaner. Like its competitors, this little device has powerful suction to remove spots, stains, and stubborn dirt, which is awesome. However, it beats the rest out with its convenience as it is a long hose and power cord, and large tank capacity which makes it more portable.
However, for somebody that prefers lightweight and simple portable carpet cleaner, they may consider Bissell Pet Stain Eraser 2003T Carpet Cleaner.