Best mop for laminate floors
Many people may feel that the laminate floor is easier to clean. But in fact, if this type of floors does not pay attention to maintenance, then the effort and money you put into installation after a few years may also be lost! But fortunately, here are the best mop for laminate floors we could find.
In this article, we’re going to review the following mop for laminate floors
- Linkyo Microfiber Mop
- O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
- 18 Inches Professional Microfiber Mop
- Temples Pride Professional Microfiber Mop
- Turbo Microfiber Mop
Understand Laminate Floors
The laminate floors are a multi-layer floor product that fused with a lamination process. Four distinct layers are permanently bonded together with resin using high temperature and high-pressure pressing and create a reliable, durable piece of floors.
Each of the distinct layers serves a particular purpose. Below is the list of these layers.
- The back layer is plastic, paper, or melamine that placed on the bottom to stabilize the floor and resists moisture.
- The inner layer is the thickest layer placed on the back layer. It is a durable wood and keeps the laminate floor stable.
- The decorative layer or design layer gives a realistic and attractive looking appearance to the floor. It is placing on top of the inner core layer.
- The wear layer is a transparent and topcoat layer that protects the floor against fading and stains.
Good Things About Laminate Floors
Modern technologies have made the qualities of laminates more realistic-looking and practical. It has contributed to the laminate floors is gaining popularity among homeowners. Its affordability, ease of installation, and long-lasting beauty made it as an alternative to the hardwood or carpets.
Laminate floors able to withstand daily use wear and tear. It is a good option in many areas of the house, including dining and living rooms, kitchens, and bedrooms, which take a lot of foot traffic every day. Besides, laminate floors don’t need much attentive care. The cleaning can be a simple sweep or mop with a suitable cleaner to keep its beauty and longevity.
For homeowners who prefer a floor type that easy to do maintenance, laminate floors surely are an excellent option.
Laminate Floors Maintenance Method
Laminate floors do not need polishing or sealing to keep its beautiful appearance. You need regular vacuuming or sweep to remove dust, dirt, and sand particles that may scratch the surface over time. Once any damage happens on the top wear layer, no repairing job can do to recover the floors.
The laminate floors are hardy and high moisture and stain-resistant, but the joints between planks are vulnerable to moisture. The planks will soon start to swell and warp once water seeps inside. So it should always be kept in relatively dry.
In short, cleaning laminate floors is a breeze with the right tool. The best mop for laminate floors is microfiber mop. It is a superior tool to clean laminate floors due to its advantages.
- Microfiber mop is super absorbent. It reduces slip and fall potential as floors dry faster.
- Microfiber mop is lint-free and non-abrasive. You don’t have to worry about it will scratch on laminate floors surface.
- You can use microfiber mops without any water. Too much water may damage the core-board of laminate floors.
- Microfiber is very useful in picking up pet hair and dust, reduce cleaning time.
- You can launder and reused the microfiber mop many times; it will save you a lot of money.
How To Choose The Right Microfiber Mop For You
You can use a microfiber mop in dry or wet to clean any flooring in your house area. However, there are various types of microfiber mops selling in the market, some key features you might want to consider when you plan to buy a microfiber mop.
We should choose the mop head size to depend on our cleaning area. If using too small a mop head in a big house, it will take yourself longer cleaning time. If using a big mop head in a small room, you may miss out on some space, especially the corner.
Mops aren’t meant to last forever, but nobody wants to buy a microfiber mop and have to replace it within a few months. Stainless steel and aluminum are the more hardwearing and sturdy compared to the plastic.
Most of the microfiber mops allow you to use it for wet or dry cleaning, but some may be only suitable for one type of cleaning. You can choose the reversible type, which offers you scope with both type cleaning. If the mop pad is washable, it should be able to withstand at least 100 times washings without wear out.
It is better to choose a microfiber mop with extendable handles, which allow you to adjust the mop height to your comfort level. A properly adjusted mop help reduce back pain and strain. Always look for mops that have ergonomically designed handles to help you mop with ease.
Usually, when you purchase a microfiber mop, it will come with extra mop pads. You may consider the number of individual pads the mop provides. It saves you some cost to buy the refill mop pad separately in the future.
Most of the stores won’t allow you to test a mop before you buy it. So you need to gather some information from reviews. Usually, a mop with a lot of great reviews from customers it will not be a wrong choice. If you have a particular concern, then you may want to look for reviews written by people who have the same care as you.
Microfiber mops for laminate floors reviews
Below is a list of best microfiber mops for laminate floors on the market. A brief synopsis, along with pros, cons are provided.
The Linkyo Microfiber Floor Mop has a stainless steel handle, aluminum mop frame, and high-grade ABS plastic. This mop is easy maneuvering thanks to its 360-degree rotating head. It is a telescoping type handle that extendable up to 70 inches providing long reach for the ceiling and deep under furniture. It comes with two types of microfiber mop cloths, and all are machine washable for multiple time reuse.
- Stainless steel adjustable handle
- Additional reversible microfiber mop cloths included
- Easy maneuvering
- 360-degree rotating frame
- 2-year satisfaction guarantee
- The additional piece needed to extend the handle
This microfiber mop comes with a bucket that has a built-in wringer allowing for hands-free wringing. There is a high-quality foot pedal that is used to activate the built-in wringer. This feature enables the user to control the moisture level. It is an ideal mop for deep cleaning to remove and absorbs tough dirt and grime. The triangular-shaped head pivots easily into every corner. By the way, this mop is not recommended to use together with fabric softeners or bleach.
- Splash guard keeps water splash and sprays inside the bucket when spinning.
- Effectively removes dirt and grime
- Foot pedal provides hands-free spin wringing
- Machine washable head
- Handle extends from 36 to 48 inches
- Safe for all surface floors
- No wheels on the bucket
- The handle is not suitable for taller people
- Mop head may easily come off when applying bigger force
This mop is designed for cleaning the variety of floors which includes hardwood, laminate, tile and concrete floors. It works great because of the millions of positively charged fibers working together to clean & attract negatively charged dust. Additional, It comes with wet and dry mop pads, enough for you to do light dusting or deep cleaning. This mop features a stainless steel telescopic handle; maximum extend to 70 inches. With an 18 inches mop frame, it is heavy-duty strong and can be adjusted to reach under furniture and beds. One more good thing is the mop pads are machine washable up to hundreds of times
- Machine washable pads
- Wide frame cover more area for each pass
- Dual Action Dust Mop
- Heavy Duty Swivel
- Come with two free cleaning cloths
- Comfortable to hold
- The mop frame may be too big to maneuver in corners
- The handle may be too heavy for petite individuals
This mop is an ergonomically designed microfiber mop that has a well-constructed telescoping handle. It is easy to adjust and allows any height adjustment from 29 inches up to 69 inches. The microfiber pads are machine washable and safe to use as a hardwood, laminate, vinyl or tile floor mop. There is a switch that allows you to lock the mop head to keep it in a vertical or horizontal position. The kit includes a one dry and wet cleaning and additional three advanced drag resistant pads.
- Lightweight aluminum handle adjusts from 29 inches to 69inches
- preserves the finish on all types of floors and removes dirt
- Microfiber pads are easy to clean
- Good customer service
- The twist adjusting handles are made of plastic is not durable
This mop is a professional grade microfiber mop that was designed to clean up for hardwood, laminate and tile floor. It is made from durable and light aluminum alloy metal, adjustable handle from 35 to 60 inches length, 360-degree rotating spin head and 17 inches large mop head. You can use it with dry mode to dust or sweep, wet for mopping and scrubbing any surface tye. Turbo cleaning mops come with two washable microfiber pads that can be reused and rewashed up to 100 times in the washing machine. It saves money and protects the environment.
- Lightweight and durable aluminum handle
- Triple action cleaning
- 360-degree smooth swivel head
- Machine washable pads
- Able to clean any floor type
- The velcro strips may be detached from mop plate after using for sometimes
Microfiber mop is a fantastic material for mopping the laminate floor. Choosing the right one can help keep your house floors always clean and maintain its beautiful appearance. There is a lot of features to consider before you purchase the best microfiber mop, so what is your priority?
Do you want to sacrifice the comfortable handling for a multipurpose mop or would you like to get a higher quality and don’t mind to pay a little bit more?
After spending hours doing research and examined customer reviews to pinpoint the best microfiber mops on the market, my top pick is 18 Inches Professional Microfiber Mop. If you want to go for a budget pick, Linkyo Microfiber Mop will be your best choice.
Just remember always use the mop follow the manual instruction to avoid it do damage to your laminate floors.